Ide Parish Council is currently preparing a Neighbourhood Plan,
led by the local community to:-
- Enable and control the design of the Pynes Farm development.
- Support well designed infill proposals.
- Address the parking problems within the village.
- Protect existing provision and expand sports and recreational facilities.
- Protect local green spaces of significance and community value.
- Preserve and enhance the C50 approaches to the village entrance.
Once complete the Neighbourhood Plan will form a material consideration in the
determination of planning applications within Ide Parish and will sit alongside the
Teignbridge Local Plan.
As part of the preparation of a Neighbourhood Plan a formal six week public consultation
must be undertaken with the local community and those with an interest in the area to
meet Regulation 14 of the Neighbourhood Planning Regulations 2012 and the Localism
As such, Ide Parish Council is seeking your views and comments on the
Pre-Submission version of the Ide Neighbourhood Plan, which can be viewed online at
idevillage.org.uk or hard copies can be viewed at the following locations:
- Ide Community Shop.
- Poachers Inn.
- The Huntsman Inn.
- Twisted Oak Inn.
- St Ida’s Church.
- Ide Congregational Church.
- Ide School.
Comments on the plan can be returned using the on-line representation form
or using the printed representation form to Ide Community Shop, Fore Street, Ide, EX4 9RQ
or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
to arrive by the deadline, 4pm, 23rd October 2017.
Anonymous responses will not be accepted. The name and address of each respondent
will be publicly available. All comments will be considered, responded to and published as
an appendix in the Neighbourhood Plan.
Chris Bishop (Chairman, Ide Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group).