The determination date for the round field P&R scheme has been extended to 7 Sept 2016, to allow time for the issues to be examined.
The feedback from all contributors is public and can be viewed at https://planning.devon.gov.uk/PlanDisp.aspx?AppNo=DCC/3846/2016 there is a great deal of interesting content including feedback from DCC.
Also we have received a response to the points raised by Ide Parish Council, as follows…
1. No bus lane on main roundabout – there are no plans to include a bus lane on the circulatory of the roundabout – it was clear this was of significant concern to local residents so we have removed it from the proposals – as discussed at the meeting there will be no change to the number of vehicles approaching the A30 junction from the C50 direction and the Park and Ride will remove a proportion of the right turning traffic from the A30, leaving the A30 from the motorway direction (instead parking at the Park and Ride). The bus lane would start on Alphington Road and continue inbound to just short of Alphington Cross. The bus lane can be achieved without removing the treeline and retaining an inbound and outbound all-traffic lane.
2. Speed limit along whole C50 – with the new roundabout proposed for the village, we are proposing a 30mph gateway, passing through the new junction for Ide and up to Polehouse Lane. It would then be 40mph through the new roundabout for the Park and Ride and across the A30 junction to Alphington Road (subject to Traffic Regulation Orders being approved).
3. More cycle lockers in car park – these can be accommodated but there will be some minor loss of parking
4. Lighting along cycle route via Clark’s Pond and Crabb Lane – consistent with sections of the Exe Estuary, which pass through rural, sensitive locations, we are likelyto include lighting on the underpass but no lighting for the rest of the route to minimise ecological / environmental impacts.
6. Make cycle route along Green Route, currently a footpath, parallel to A30 on north side – we are still looking at this option along with 7) however, there are concerns about how a safe crossing may be achieved.
7. Better access to [Old] Ide Lane by cycles off main roundabout.”