The determination date for the round field P&R scheme has been extended to 7 Sept 2016, to allow time for the issues to be examined.
The feedback from all contributors is public and can be viewed at https://planning.devon.gov.uk/PlanDisp.aspx?AppNo=DCC/3846/2016 there is a great deal of interesting content including feedback from DCC.
Also we have received a response to the points raised by Ide Parish Council, as follows…
1. No bus lane on main roundabout – there are no plans to include a bus lane on the circulatory of the roundabout – it was clear this was of significant concern to local residents so we have removed it from the proposals – as discussed at the meeting there will be no change to the number of vehicles approaching the A30 junction from the C50 direction and the Park and Ride will remove a proportion of the right turning traffic from the A30, leaving the A30 from the motorway direction (instead parking at the Park and Ride). The bus lane would start on Alphington Road and continue inbound to just short of Alphington Cross. The bus lane can be achieved without removing the treeline and retaining an inbound and outbound all-traffic lane.
2. Speed limit along whole C50 – with the new roundabout proposed for the village, we are proposing a 30mph gateway, passing through the new junction for Ide and up to Polehouse Lane. It would then be 40mph through the new roundabout for the Park and Ride and across the A30 junction to Alphington Road (subject to Traffic Regulation Orders being approved).
3. More cycle lockers in car park – these can be accommodated but there will be some minor loss of parking
4. Lighting along cycle route via Clark’s Pond and Crabb Lane – consistent with sections of the Exe Estuary, which pass through rural, sensitive locations, we are likelyto include lighting on the underpass but no lighting for the rest of the route to minimise ecological / environmental impacts.
6. Make cycle route along Green Route, currently a footpath, parallel to A30 on north side – we are still looking at this option along with 7) however, there are concerns about how a safe crossing may be achieved.
7. Better access to [Old] Ide Lane by cycles off main roundabout.”
Please join us at the thinly disguised party that is the
Ide Community Shop and Post Office AGM (short meeting, long social!)
Friday 20th May 2016 at 7.30pm
Ide School Hall
Subsidised Hog Roast Including vegetarian option And, more importantly for some, a Bar!
Free Draw Ticket
The independent Local Government Boundary Commission for England is carrying out an electoral review of Teignbridge District Council. The review will draw new council ward boundaries across Teignbridge. The Commission has also announced that 46 councillors should be elected to the council in future: the same as the current arrangements. Now we are asking for evidence about your local area to help us decide a new pattern of wards for Teignbridge.
Your views will make a difference
Local people know their area best. That’s why we are asking you for evidence on a range of issues:
■ Do you have suggestions about where your ward boundaries should be?
■ Which areas do you identify as your local community?
■ Where do people in your area go to access local facilities such as shops and leisure activities?
For more details and interactive maps, visit: www.consultation.lgbce.org.uk or www.lgbce.org.uk
Have your say
Send your views to: The Review Officer (Teignbridge)
Local Government Boundary Commission for England
14th floor, Millbank Tower
London SW1P 4QP
Follow us on Twitter: @LGBCE
The consultation closes on 4 July 2016
Casino night is 23rd April.
tickets are £10 per head which gives each guest their casino chips.
It starts at 7:30pm in the school hall.
There is a licensed bar and we will also be holding an auction and raffle, with great prizes.
There is a bottle of champagne for the winning gambler!
All in aid of the community play area.
The Parish Council held an Extraordinary Meeting on 5 April 2016 specially to discuss and come to a view on Devon County Council’s planning application, published on 1 March 2016, to build a Park and Ride Scheme at Round Field, Ide.
The meeting was held in public, with 22 people in the audience, comprising residents from Ide and neighbouring villages, and county and district councillors.
At the start of the meeting, Barry Hookins announced that he was stepping down as chairman of the Parish Council after six years of service. He handed over the meeting to Nick Bradley as acting chairman. Nick Bradley thanked Barry for his tireless and loyal service to the village and to the council, and the audience gave the warmest applause of appreciation for all that Barry has contributed.
The meeting kicked off with a session of public questions and comment. Topics included:
- – what issues in the DCC planning application might yet change following recent representations from residents and councillors at a meeting with the planners ;
- – how credible were the technical calculations about the traffic and bus flow on the main roundabout
- – criticisms of the planning consultation process.
The council then debated the merits and weaknesses of the proposed scheme, covering 21 separate issues, which included:
- – Congestion on the C50 and the Alphington Junction roundabout
- – Bus, lorry and cycle lanes, and cycle routes
- – Impact of the car park itself and choice of site
- – Bus services for residents of Ide.
- – The utility of the scheme overall
- – The charge of NIMBYism and what duty we owed to Exeter and those using the Park & Ride
- – Noise, light and air pollution, and flood risk
- – The effects on wildlife
- – Side benefits of C50 speed limit and new roundabout at entrance to village
- – Potential for urban creep
- – Value for money
Debate was wide ranging, reflective and detailed. At the end the Parish Council voted 7-1 against the scheme. The issue of local bus services weighed sufficiently heavily for one member, who wished to support residents who rely on public transport, to persuade him to vote in favour of the scheme. We are informed that the consultation period has been extended at least until the end of May. So it’s not too late to comment on the scheme using the Devon County Council website, or by writing a letter to the planning department at Devon County Council, or emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org , quoting reference DCC 3846/2016.
We urge every elector in Ide to lodge a comment, whatever you view is on the scheme.
Ide Parish Council has submitted it’s feedback on the park and ride.
It will be available online shortly at https://planning.devon.gov.uk/PlanDisp.aspx?AppNo=DCC/3846/2016
Draft minutes for the extraordinary parish council meeting of 5/4/2016 are available here
Road closure application for Ide
Please be advised that I have applied for Fore Street and Old Ide Lane, Ide to be closed between04/07/16 – 29/07/16 inclusive to carry out essential works to the sewer. If you have any queries regarding this closure please do not hesitate to contact South West Water on 0344 346 2020.
Fernworthy House, Peninsula Park, Rydon Lane, Exeter, EX2 7HR
Tel: 01392 443814
Teignbridge District Council’s Overview & Scrutiny Committee has appointed a Review Group to identify evidence in support of the retention and improved resilience of the South Devon main rail line through Teignbridge, by considering its economic importance to the region which will help inform debate.
The Members undertaking this review are: Councillors Prowse (Chairman), Bullivant, Cox, Connett, Dennis and Haines. Consultation is extremely important to the Councillors, who wish to ensure they are fully briefed on the most pertinent issues before making their recommendations.
This message is to inform you that the work of the Group is about to commence, and to ask if you have any information that you would like to share with the Group. If so, they would be pleased to hear from you, or if you wish to provide evidence in person, please let me know and I will arrange a mutually convenient day or time to give evidence.
Democratic Services / FOI / DP Officer
Teignbridge District Council
DX 121075 Newton Abbot 5
Tel: 01626 215159
For the Teignbridge email disclaimer click the link below, or copy and paste it into your address bar.
Friends of Ide lane surgery
COFFEE MORNING AND Book sale
thursday 9 june from 10.30
Alphington village hall
Tombola Age uk stall
Ide Lane Friends Reg. Charity no. 1050108.