IDE HIGH STREET to HALDON PLAIN
Please be advised that circumstances and weather permitting, South West Highways will be undertaking essential highway maintenance works on behalf of Devon County Council, on 31 August 2016. Please be aware however that the date may still need to change at short notice.
The works will involve essential Surface Patching works in the highway prior to the Tour of Britain. In order to carry out these works, a road closure and diversion will be in place, the route being via the A30, A38 and vice versa.
Work generally will be undertaken between the hours of 19:00 and 07:00, although these times may vary.
For additional information contact South West Highways Customer Liaison Officer 01404 821500
The Tour of Britain will pass through Ide at around 2.30pm on Friday 9th September. For more information, see http://www.tourofbritain.co.uk/
Please note the following message from the race organizers:
As part of providing the race route for the Tour of Britain it is necessary to undertake parking suspensions at a number of key locations on the route.
Ide is one of the locations where we need to suspend parking to allow the races safe passage.
Parking suspensions on the day will run from 09:00 to 15:40 on the day along both sides of Fore Street and High Street as far as Pynes Farm. Advance warning signs will be in place for the parking suspension and cones will be put in place on the morning. Civil Parking Enforcement Officers will be checking the route periodically to ensure it is clear. Vehicles that park within the suspension will risk either receiving a parking ticket or it may be necessary for some vehicles to be towed.
There is a Parish Meeting on Thursday 8th September at 6pm in the Memorial Hall. The agents for the owners, The Church Commissioners, will present their preliminary proposals for the development of Pynes Farm Yard. There will be a question and answer session open to all residents of Ide.
The Parish Council has purchased a pair of netted football goals to be placed on The Green. We hope they will be up and ready for action over the next few days.
Good news, the small play area at the school is now open.
We are still trying to get funding for more improvements.
Further information from South west water…
The team have visited site and have managed to rectify the damaged pipe using no dig techniques. They will be back to clean the line and install the liner later in the week continuing into next week, weather permitting. They will be carrying out the lining works under Give and take to allow traffic to use the road (as agreed with DCC), however if this can’t be achieved due to unforeseen circumstances the road will have to be closed.
Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Fernworthy House, Peninsula Park, Rydon Lane, Exeter, EX2 7HR
It’s not really very informative but for what it’s worth, here is the official notification of the road closure.
Road Closure July 2016 160401 TTRO1614997 On Site Notice
DCC have said the houses in Fore Street will receive a letter from SWW and a board will go out on site 7 days before the closure to advise anyone else.
we will post any further information as it becomes available. Anyone with concerns should contact SWW using the details below.
A reminder that Fore street will be closed in July for repairs to the sewer.
This has been in Ide times and on our web site for some time.
The parish council have asked that all villagers should be written to, but it seems only those on fore street will be notified directly.
There will be signs for 7 days beforehand.
Road closure application for Ide
Please be advised that I have applied for Fore Street and Old Ide Lane, Ide to be closed between04/07/16 – 29/07/16 inclusive to carry out essential works to the sewer. If you have any queries regarding this closure please do not hesitate to contact South West Water on 0344 346 2020.
Fernworthy House, Peninsula Park, Rydon Lane, Exeter, EX2 7HR
Tel: 01392 443814
The determination date for the round field P&R scheme has been extended to 7 Sept 2016, to allow time for the issues to be examined.
The feedback from all contributors is public and can be viewed at https://planning.devon.gov.uk/PlanDisp.aspx?AppNo=DCC/3846/2016 there is a great deal of interesting content including feedback from DCC.
Also we have received a response to the points raised by Ide Parish Council, as follows…
1. No bus lane on main roundabout – there are no plans to include a bus lane on the circulatory of the roundabout – it was clear this was of significant concern to local residents so we have removed it from the proposals – as discussed at the meeting there will be no change to the number of vehicles approaching the A30 junction from the C50 direction and the Park and Ride will remove a proportion of the right turning traffic from the A30, leaving the A30 from the motorway direction (instead parking at the Park and Ride). The bus lane would start on Alphington Road and continue inbound to just short of Alphington Cross. The bus lane can be achieved without removing the treeline and retaining an inbound and outbound all-traffic lane.
2. Speed limit along whole C50 – with the new roundabout proposed for the village, we are proposing a 30mph gateway, passing through the new junction for Ide and up to Polehouse Lane. It would then be 40mph through the new roundabout for the Park and Ride and across the A30 junction to Alphington Road (subject to Traffic Regulation Orders being approved).
3. More cycle lockers in car park – these can be accommodated but there will be some minor loss of parking
4. Lighting along cycle route via Clark’s Pond and Crabb Lane – consistent with sections of the Exe Estuary, which pass through rural, sensitive locations, we are likelyto include lighting on the underpass but no lighting for the rest of the route to minimise ecological / environmental impacts.
6. Make cycle route along Green Route, currently a footpath, parallel to A30 on north side – we are still looking at this option along with 7) however, there are concerns about how a safe crossing may be achieved.
7. Better access to [Old] Ide Lane by cycles off main roundabout.”